The waste treatment site in Dilsen-Stokkem of Edelchemie Benelux features an extensive container park and indoor storehouse for the storage of accepted waste, intermediate- and finished products. Third party trucks are swiftly unloaded in the dedicated sealed off zone. Waste is analyzed in our own laboratory where waste treatment tests and research are also conducted. In our various waste treatment installations different processes like physical-chemical and electro-chemical processes are carried out, always keeping in mind the recycling of (precious) metals and treatment of said waste.
By applying the waste-to-waste principle, raw materials are substituted for their equivalent waste materials. Because of this, our waste treatment site uses a bare minimum of primary raw materials.
Waste we are especially interested in are, amongst others:
- Concentrated metal-bearing liquids containing Nickel, Copper or Tin;
- Liquids with a high percentage of ammonium (>2%);
- Ammonium-containing salts (solid) like ammonium chloride, ammonium bicarbonate, ammonium sulphate, etc.;
- Nitric acids, sulphuric acids;
- Solutions of ammonia;
- Photographic liquids (fixer, developer);
- Silver containing film (like x-ray, graphic film);
- Solvents from the printing industry (ethyl acetate, Solco);
- Liquids containing precious metals (like Ag-, Au- and Pd- containing liquids);
- Residual chemicals or expired products;
We also accept other kinds of waste. For example:
- Rinse water;
- Contaminated oils and solvents
- Contaminated packaging
- Waste containing Resins, Latex, Varnish;
If you have additional questions or would like to know if we can accept your waste, please contact us.