Treatment of hazardous and metal-bearing waste
Edelchemie Benelux was founded in 1992 as Edelchemie Belgium bvba. In the beginning the main focus was based on the collection and bulking of photographic waste.
After moving to our current location on the industrial area of Rotem in Dilsen-Stokkem, there was room to expand on our activities, including our own waste treatment installation for the treatment of spent photographical baths.
After the advance of digital photography our focus shifted to the collection and treatment of other metal-bearing process baths.
Nowadays, Edelchemie Benelux is licensed for transportation and collection of a very broad spectrum of waste in Belgium and the Netherlands. Also Edelchemie has an extensive environmental permit for storage / transshipment and treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
The current activities include the following:
- Transportation and collection of hazardous and non-hazardous waste (BE, NL);
- Storage / Transshipment and bulking of hazardous and non-hazardous waste;
- Physical-chemical treatment of liquids;
- Recovery of metals from metal-bearing liquids;
- Recovery and refinement of precious metals from liquids and solid substances;
- Treatment of ammonium- and nitrate rich waste;
- Distillation and thermal valorization of contaminated solvents/inks/paints etc. (via specialized partners);
- etc. (see our summary of acceptable waste).
Edelchemie stelt zich tot doel voor elke aangeboden afvalstof een recyclage oplossing te vinden.
Bij de verwerking van deze afvalstoffen wordt zo optimaal mogelijk omgegaan met chemicaliën en energie door o.a. gebruik te maken van afval reagentia (waste-to-waste) en door het nuttig hergebruik van reactiewarmtes.
Optimal use of chemicals and energy during the waste treatment process is pursued (amongst other things) by using waste reagents (according to the waste-to-waste principle) and by reusing reaction heat.